- Participants must perform one (1) selection composed by a Canadian, or where at least one of the composers is Canadian.
- For this festival, a Canadian Composer is defined as a composer who is either native to the country of Canada, is a citizen of Canada, or has spent a major portion of his/her career living and working in Canada.
- The selection must be performed in the original language, and NOT be a translation.
- The selection may not be an arrangement of a folk song.
- Participants may not sing a self-composed selection.
- Selections need not be published. Music for the adjudicator must be legible.