Music Theatre Syllabus
- All selections should be age, voice type and gender/gender identification appropriate.
- Selections that are primarily patter (spoken) will not be accepted.
- Spoken passages are allowed only if published in the score provided.
- Minimum props and costumes are encouraged providing change can be made quickly between selections in concert classes. Costumes and props will NOT be judged.
- Competitors may use costumes, up to two (2) hand-held props per selection, and stage movement (no dance break).
- All selections are to be sung from a published score. Transpositions are permitted.
- Please note that selections must be from a musical theatre production and may NOT be cabaret, mash-ups, Glee arrangements or pop songs.
Some important notes for this year's Festival:
- Accompaniment should be piano-only tracks (no orchestral tracks or tracks with backing vocals) or live, if the accompanist lives in-house.
- Students will be given a specific day/time and Zoom link in advance. They will perform in real time for the adjudicator and the other members of their class.
- Registration closes on October 15, 2020.
- Participants must perform two (2) contrasting selections from staged musical theatre productions.
- The choice of materials will be taken into consideration by the adjudicator.
Solo - Own Choice
- Participants must perform one (1) theatre or theatre-style selection.
- Selections need not be from a staged musical, and may be a stand-alone song.